Licensed Psychologist with the Order of Psychologists of Quebec, OPQ#13876-20
My Areas of Expertise
I Can Also Help With
Hello! My name is Dr. Melissa Callaci and I’m a licensed psychologist with a PhD in Clinical Psychology from Université de Montréal. My extensive training and clinical experience includes working with adults and couples in university, community and hospital settings.
Although I work with a wide range of presenting problems, I specialize in helping adults with depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, eating disorders, interpersonal difficulties, couples therapy and sex therapy.
I have an integrative approach to psychotherapy and adapt my interventions to your specific needs. My techniques draw from evidence-based therapies including cognitive behavioural therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, psychodynamic therapy, emotion-focused therapy and motivational interviewing.
As a psychologist, I strive to highlight your strengths while helping you identify and overcome your unique challenges. I strongly believe in the importance of collaborating in therapy and prioritize creating an open and trusting therapeutic relationship. Using a warm and non-judgmental approach, I am dedicated to fostering a safe environment to promote healing and growth.
I look forward to working with you!
— Melissa Callaci
- 4+ years of professional experience
- Fonds de recherche du Québec –Société et culture (FRQSC) Doctoral Research Scholarship (2017 – 2019)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) Doctoral Fellowship (2017 – 2019)
- Interdisciplinary Research Center on Intimate Relationship Problems and Sexual Abuse (CRIPCAS) Graduate Scholarship (2016; 2015)
- Campaign for the New Millennium Student Contribution Scholarship , Concordia University (2010)
University-Level Training in Psychology
PhD in Clinical Psychology – Research and Intervention
Université de Montreal
BA Honours in Psychology