Have you or a loved one close to you recently been diagnosed with a terminal illness or are nearing the end of life? You may be experiencing anticipatory grief. Anticipatory grief is the negative feelings one may feel when facing the eventual death of a loved one or their own death.
How do you know if you are experiencing anticipatory grief?
- Experiencing intense fear and anxiety when thinking about the eventual death of your loved one or yourself?
- Feeling hopeless or angry at your situation?
- Exhausted (physically or emotionally), causing you to be unable to complete your daily routines/tasks?
- Withdrawing from others?
- Struggling with feelings of guilt?
Counselling for anticipatory grief can help you to:
- Cope with difficult or painful thoughts and feelings
- Have a safe space to discuss end-of-life concerns
- Allow you to grieve, find comfort and peace